A Heart Toward Home

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve (worship) the LORD."
Joshua 24:15

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes!

We love pancakes...who doesn't, right? I like adding a little fruit occasionally, especially blueberries! I wanted to share this Blueberry Pancake recipe with you and if you are not in the mood for blueberry pancakes just use same recipe and omit the blueberries for some really delicious plain Buttermilk Pancakes!!
My parents were visiting when I made these (back in February) and my mother just had to take a picture of me with a stack of these yummy pancakes! Writing this post makes me think I need to make some buttermilk pancakes in the morning. :)
Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes (Buttermilk Pancakes)
4 cups of whole wheat flour (I use freshly ground whole wheat flour)
4 tsp baking powder
2 TBSP of sugar (I use sucanat or sugar in the raw)
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of baking soda
4 eggs
3-4 cups of buttermilk (enough to make batter the right consistency. You may have to use more than 4 cups)
2-3 cups of blueberries (enough to your liking)

Mix all the ingredients (except the blueberries) really well together. Then fold in your blueberries. Heat up your griddle. I use butter to grease my griddle and then with a 1/3 cup measuring cup I scoop out the batter and pour on to the hot griddle. Once you see tiny bubbles starting to pop up then flip pancake and cook until both sides are golden brown. Serve warm with your favorite syrup or if you are like our Elijah you will just eat them as they come off the griddle. :)

*This recipe was given to me by a very dear lady at SMBC who encouraged me in the whole wheat flour journey. I am so thankful for Mrs. Rose and the mentor she was to me in many areas.

No comments: